Monday, September 14, 2009



COOL HELMETS

I have been riding my bicycle in NYC for a few years now and I've never really worn a helmet, but it doesn't mean I don't want to be or that I shouldn't be wearing one every time I step onto my wheels.

I have been keeping my eyes and ears out for cool helmets to wear so that I don't feel like such a nerd, but that's NOT why I don't wear a helmet; I don't wear a helmet because I keep forgetting to buy one and wear it. I'm sorta forgetful, but I keep having to stop forgetting, starting TODAY, which is why I'm writing this entry.

I wish some fancy couture dude or lady would make really beautiful bike helmets for us bicyclists to wear. I wish someone would design one just for me. But I like to wish for lots of unrealistic things. Helmets themselves are by nature kinda corny and not too chic. But I love the idea of putting a cover over it -- that way, it maintains its' function but gets a little bit a style on the side.

Here are a few cute helmets I found.

First, here are a collection of numbers for the fellas (I think this might just be a super small helmet that hats and covers can easily fit over, but I like the idea):



Here's a cute spotted farm-girl type hat cover (which I think is the way to go) that doubles as a summer hat: , for all the lolly pop girls out there: (Unfortunately, I think these are not available for purchase just yet!)



These are nice little helmets if you just want a basic helmet with a cute design on it:



I really love this one so much, I'm going to buy one in fuchsia.



This Japanese helmet is so crazy that just wearing it will assure you don't get hit because no person within 100 feet around you will be able to take their eyes off of you!



If you like any of these helmets / covers, the images should link to more information about them, so buy one, and start riding safer today.

2 comments:

  1. Did you choose which style to go for? I have a Bern Muse (find them at cyclechic online), but the problem I have with helmets is that they bake my head! It's very cute though.... I settled for a dusty purple :)

    Sooz

    ReplyDelete
  2. These helmets really look cool =) People should really invest in the best commuter bike helmet when cycling in traffic.

    ReplyDelete